Thursday, May 31, 2007

Running Bad

This is not a bunch of bad beat stories, just enough to get my point accross.



I was continueing the aggressive strategy last night playing 3/6 and it is working but I am just running bad. I was catching cards and taking pots with nothing just like you are supposed to, when I hit a brick wall.



We were short handed and I flopped a fullhouse. I slow played it and it was check around. The turn brought a flush card and a K. It was bet, I raised, and it was called. The river was another K. It was bet and I thought or hoped he made the flush or lower fullhouse so I raised and he reraised. I was so disgusted that I exposed my hand and still called. He had the K. Looking back the raise was not to bad but the call was. The fact that I was over 90% to win the hand again, proves to me at least that I am running bad. A few beats like that fine, but 3 weeks of them and there is a problem. Later I would bet with top pair and get called down by raggedy two pairs. These plays came one after another and I was bust. It was getting late so I went home. Thank god it was only 3/6 so a $130 doesn't hurt my bankroll as much as my ego.



I could have played the hands more passively when I got called but there is just no way of knowing the guy calls with 73o and gets two pair. With no raises you can't put them on a hand and all you can do is lose. I did think about checking it down when called on the turn unimproved and for the low limits this might be the way to go. I just don't want to play like this in the higher limits.

1 comment: