Friday, May 18, 2007

Off Track

Planned on meeting some friends for sushi at the El Dorado and then get in some poker. Ate a light lunch so I could pig out on the all you can eat sushi. Plan worked out and I ate my fair share of the delicious art.

We went to the poker room after wards to see what was going on. They had two 1/2 NL games and a 3/6. We sat in the 1/2NL while waiting for the the 3/6 and hoped they could get a 4/8 going.

I managed to win $30 at the 1/2 NL and thought I could pick up the rest when they called me for the 3/6. We moved there and I lost my $30 profit. I managed to stay even but no head way. I told myself I was going to leave at 9:30 so when we were called for the 4/8 at 8:45 I knew this was going to be trouble.

Sure enough, every flop had an ace on it and twice ran into pocket aces. Managed to get lucky on one hand which I won a decent side pot with but lost the main pot. I was only down $25 when I flopped top two. I had two callers and the pot was looking good. Alas, they both got runner, runner straight on me and I left down $65 in a huff. I was time to go anyway.

I dropped my friend off at home and made bed by 11pm. Not as early I wanted but nothing I could do. Now I am at work the next afternoon trying to stay awake.

I found out the pot of gold tournaments are going on at the Grand Sierra with plenty of action but I don't know if I am awake enough to go. I have to be up early in the morning to fix my truck so I may wait until Sat afternoon. I think I will just play micro limit on line and get good sleep tonight for a Sat marathon. Almost forgot. I think I lost my ipod. I still have a few places to check but it doesn't look good. I still have my music library but may have to buy a new one. Crap.

No comments: