Thursday, May 17, 2007

On track

Went and played 4/8 according to my new schedule. Put air in my tires and headed to the Peppermill last night.

Got there about 6:30 and was told the 10/20 just broke but a 4/8 seat was open. This was a situation that I didn't take into account. Although the 10/20 during the week is even more hit or miss then the weekend I will play it instead of the 4/8 when available. This could add to my weekly income, make up a slow night, or (gasp) loose faster. I hope one of the first two.

Got a seat at a short handed 4/8. Forgot just how bad the play is at this level. I got paid off every time and could read them like a book. I was up $80 and started to get over confident and assumed I could outplay them post flop. I could and did, but they called down with any pair so I learned I had to have something. Tightened up but then I started getting out drawn.

I was down 10 when this hand saved me. A raised pot with 6 callers to me in the big blid with K7 suited. I called and flopped four to the flush. I bet, there was a raise and 5 callers. Blank on the turn, I checked, there was a bet and 3 callers. The river was my flush card and I bet and got paid off by all three. I was up $100 now but it was only 8:30 so I stayed.

Turned out to be a mistake because I immediately started to loose again. I was able to battle back and was back up $120 just when the table filled up and I thought I could win more. Lost another couple small pots and was down under my hundred goal. Mistake 2. Half the table left at this time and I thought I saw screwed.

Then a mexican guy sat down that was so drunk and so clue less that the dealer was skipping his action. He bought in for the min. $40, and had no clue how to play. He bought in 3 times and would call down with 83o. He was my saving grace when I felted him twice before he left. I was up 110 and we were down to 4 handed. I should have left then but I realized I didn't factor in gas money into my schedule, so I wanted to get another 10 to cover it. I limped in once, posted the big and little blinds that I folded to raises and our table broke.

With exactly $100 in profit I was moved to the other 4/8 game. I looked at and folded one hand before I came to my senses and left. I didn't cover my gas money but with that in mind I feared I would chase it and loose even more. I will make it up this weekend I'm sure.

+ $100

No comments: