Sunday, March 2, 2008

Long Road Ahead

Didn't make it to the Commerce yet. Still planning to go, my friend just keeps getting delayed. The new plan is Tues. night heading down there. Gives me some extra time to iron out the kinks.

I had a rough weekend at the Peppermill Sping tournaments. I was down in the cash games and then Sat. I played the noon tournament. Brought home how weak my NL game is. Planning on working on that as soon as I get back from the Commerce.

Anyway, I was actually doing good in the tournament at the first break. I was double the average chip stack but I had been getting lucky. I had a terrible nights sleep Fri. so I was chugging coffee. By the end of the break I was dragging. My table broke and I got moved to a new table. A few hands in I flop a straight on a drawing board. The big stack bets the pot, 1k, and I raise to 5k. He calls. I tell myself to move in on a non-flush, non-straight card. The board pairs and when it is checked to me I move in. He insta-calls and I know I am done. He had 2 pair and filled up. This is why I hate NL. One hand and it is over.

Back to cash games. Tired and tilty from the loss and loose 500 in a 15/30 game. Time to go. Sun. I have more sleep and jump into a 15/30 game. Play ABC poker and start to build a stack. From the start my plan is to play until 5pm. That is 5 hours and I will go home. At 4 I am up 1200, at 4:50 I am up 400. Next time I will play 4 hrs and take atleast an hour break.

The signs where there to leave but I wanted to stick to my plan. I didn't tilt, I got sucked out on. Two big pots, one was my last hand, and I was done. Crap. Nothing I could do but leave. Overall I played well. I was very patient, didn't know exactly how much I was up, let hands go, and was alittle more aggressive. I was alittle tired because I missed a few bets and pots that I should have won.

I am still getting my new form down so I am happy with any win. Was pleased that my tight play got me the chips. The game is so loose but I just waited and took my shots when I had the best of it. It payed off and am optimistic that this is the right way to beat these games. Playing like this on-line too and I am on a nice win streak. Just going to grind it out and play within my bankroll.

No comments: