Friday, March 21, 2008

Having a Rough Stretch

Was cruising along nicely on-line and then hit a down swing. Mix of bad luck and bad play. I took a couple of days off before trying again and booked a win. The next day down again.

Pretty much the same live. Live, I am also playing above my bankroll. This does and is adding to my woes so I ahve to re-think my plan of attack. I tried to avoid it but I think I will have to grind it out at the 4/8 and 1/2 NL tables. My theory is that 1/2 NL plays as big as 10/20 Limit and 3/5 NL up to 20/40 limit. 3/5 NL killed me last night. I just couldn't hit a flop. By itself it was a normal loss on a bad night, but since my BR is so small it was devastating.

I started to study No Limit. I have been having trouble finding live limit games above 4/8 so I decided to add NL. I am watching and studing Ed Miller's videos on Stoxpoker and then reading the corresponding chapters in his book NL Theory and Practice. I then try it and can see exactly what he means and why.

So back to the grind building a BR. Slow and steady. I guess I will have to warm up to long hours and lots of hands.

No comments: