Monday, May 4, 2020

Down Swing

Down Swing.  Variance.  Curse of the challenge.  Trying to hard.  Watching videos and thinking I can do that.  Unlucky.  Bad play.  Spewing.  Horrendous play.  Don't know what I am doing play.

All the above and more, describes my play on Saturday.  I am down over $400.  Insert all the bad beat and bad play stories you heard and that is what happened.  So what now?

I signed up with Upswingpoker.com.  I went all out and got a YEAR subscription.  That is commitment!  Being as bad as I am, I will have to go through the Lab multiple times now and again and again before it sinks in.  The commitment should help me stay focused so I get my moneys worth.  Started the first couple of modules and like the approach.  Starts from square one and builds very logically.  Fits my learning style so far.

Dropped down to 20nl on Sunday so I could try out a few concepts and still lost.  Gives me hope it wasn't all bad play.  lol  At least I lost next to nothing compared to Saturday.

Going to use the Upswing Poker membership to the fullest and put real effort into each module, even the ones I think I know.  I will continue to play during this time, but for shorter times and with less tables.  Maybe even just one table at a time.  Worst case, I redeposit.  I will keep my day job.

No comments: