Monday, January 7, 2008

Just Thinking

Still thinking of my not leaving Saturday with all of my hard earned money. Then I thought about why I didn't leave and then about my playing online Sunday night. I am not crying about it, just trying to figure out why I chose not to do what I know I should have done.

I am convinced it is still my mind set. I am looking at poker as a time killer that I can also make money at and an escape from going home alone. After all I have a job to pay the bills. I didn't leave Sat. because I had nothing else to do. Sunday I was playing online while watching TV and surfing the Internet.

I am just coasting and I have to stop. I looked up my rake after playing Sunday and it was almost half of my win. Granted I am playing very low stakes to build a bankroll instead of depositing money, but I know I could have made more if I was only playing poker. I then looked back at all my play and saw that I payed over 1800 in rake. That is a huge number considering the stakes I play online.

I am wasting so much money it makes me sick. I need to wake up and concentrate on one thing at a time. If I am so bored that I am watching TV then I should stop playing and watch TV. As for live play, if home is some place I don't want to be then I need to change that.

One more thing. Saturday over buttons where put into play late in the evening. I now regret taking one. IMO it changes the game more then I thought. First, I'm playing based on the smaller stakes so I have to adjust my game quickly to not wipe out my stack. 2nd, with the other players in the game preflop all the odds change mid stream. A call with the bigger bets may now be wrong. Finally, I don't want to or can't change late in a session quickly enough to compensate for the new odds. From now on I won't take an over button. If they want to raise the stakes that may be fine, (10/20 to 15/30) but not in the middle of a hand.

No comments: