Friday, October 12, 2007

Doing Better

I joined Stoxpoker and started to watch a few videos. I picked up a few things that I forgot about or didn't know. I say forgot about, because I use to do some of them and stopped when I tried to play what I thought was better poker. I have to admit that I was doing them without realizing why. I chose Stoxpoker over Cardrunner because I think there is more beginner videos and articles then Cardrunner. Since I am starting over and filling in my gaps this meant more to me.

Nothing to exciting lately. Got schooled at PL holdem and then got it back at limit. I think I will stick to limit for now. I have alot to learn and I should do that before I take on more.

I am enjoying playing at the low limits and seeing what works and why. There was doubt in the back of my mind that it was all about the money, but I am still having fun without much at stake except my pride. So I guess I don't need to go to GA yet.

I did set one goal that I am making progress at. I was looking at my poker tracker data base and there were some red numbers (losses)at the low levels. I use to drop down to .02/.04 and blow off steam and a buy in by just raising and calling. Now that I am starting over I have been playing those levels just to turn the numbers green. Some by very little but they are still green.

No comments: