Monday, June 4, 2007

Back on Track

Got to the Peppermill at about noon again. BTW the Peppermill is where I play the most because it has the biggest limit game in town 10/20 and sometimes 20/40. I go to Bay 101 just to change it up and play with new faces. Whenever the Grand Sierra (Reno Hilton) has the WPT or other tournaments I go there. I have been meaning to get up to Lake Tahoe to play ½ NL but I find one reason or another not to go. I guess I am afraid of loosing my hard in winnings at NL in one hand.

So the only game open is a 4/8 and I am on the list for the NL. I eat lunch and manage to break even at the 4/8 table. I am moved after about an hour to the NL game which turns out to be 2/3 5 to go. I splash around and win a little before loosing about 80 overall. I couldn’t get physically comfortable at the table. It was a small table and I had to sit back and lean forward and didn’t get into the game. The last hand the guy next to me went all in for like 120 and I had some money in the pot but I didn’t like my pair of Aces with only an 8 kicker when the board was A,10,9,3. I folded and he showed A7, oh well off to 10/20.

I played straight forward poker and was even in no time. Another 10/20 opened that quickly turned into a 20/40 but after looking at the line up I decided to stay where I was. It is not that they are great players but they aren’t bad and my table had bad players at it. Besides I was tired and still a little gun shy about the down swing I was just coming out of. I won a big pot with QQ for 365 that put me up over 600 and I thought my swing was over. I played the hand well, not missing a bet or raise, until the river. I was on the button and it was check to me but I was scared to bet.

Then I ran into some bad luck. I got snapped off by kickers, raggedy two pairs, and flopped straights. When it was all said and done I made 248 in 5hrs or 45 per hr. 750+ for the weekend. It could have been better but it still comes out to 40hr and a major confidence booster.

No comments: