Thursday, April 30, 2020

Quarantine Poker

Playing online while sheltering in place.  Doing multi table 6-max 50nl. 

Played around with the number of tables and 3 seems to be the best for me.  I am trying to think about my hand and what my opponent has, and I get flustered with more then 3 tables.  Played up to 6 tables and it was not pretty. 

Was up, then way down.  Re-deposited and ran it back up.  Got back into the flow of online vs live poker and evened out.  Watched a few videos and the bankroll challenges look like fun.  Not in any hurry but lets make a goal.  I can't do 100 to 10,000 but maybe 900 to 5,000.

So I started 2 days ago and  lost a few coin flips.  Battled back but still down 100.  Not the end on the world, just need to buckle down.  Tend to bluff to much, so I am trying to control myself and just give it up when I am beat.  Got my pre-flop, positional, starting hand charts and and sticking to them.  Have to get them into memory and then will move on to the UPswing.com training site.  Cost a few dollars but I have the time now.

Going to just play straight forward poker.  No traps or trick plays.  Will adjust bet sizes to induce calls or raises but nothing fancy. 

No comments: