Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hodge Podge

Good and bad since my last post. I took some time off to clear my head and get some stuff taken care of. Work and taxes. I do a few friends tax returns for some extra money and still feel the stress from the CPA firm days.

Live, I am down, up, even. I am still learning the nuances of NL and it is causing big swings. I was down at Tahoe NL, up at Peppermill Limit, and then down at the NL tables to break even. I played Wed. night tired but wanting a stress relief from work and tax day and lost 400 at 1/2 NL. Bad luck but also bad play. I caught a 2 outer on the turn to loose to a 1 outer on the river. AK ran into AA and AQ into AK. Bad luck, but I think I could have lost less with almost all of the hands. But as I got tired I started to push to get even. Never works.

On-line has been about the same until today. I won 40+ dollars at .25/.5 NL and then 11 at .25/.5 lhe to break the $200 mark. Looking back at my post that is $100 in just under a month. I am quitting my day job tomorrow, NOT. I did double my bankroll with this feat. It may not sound like alot now but if I keep this pace up it will be more impressive each month.

I booked a flight to Vegas for may 2. A friend plays down at the Rio and gets free rooms, so I am taking him up on the extra bed. He plays 10/20 NL but I think I will be at the limit game while he does that. It is clear that I am stronger at limit, so I will be limiting my NL play and to low stakes until I build up a BR and experience. I will have to hit some of the local low limit games in the area next week to build up my BR faster for the trip.

No comments: