Monday, February 11, 2008

BJ Took All My Money

First poker. Dialed up the aggression this weekend with mixed results. It worked and I was up 2 racks Friday night. Called a friend to go get some beers and lock in the win but he didn't answer so I played more. Didn't dial it back and with some suckouts I gave most of it back.

A friend that likes to play BJ came in late friday night so I was up early Sat. We got some breakfast and I talked him into some poker. Again I was up quickly with my new aggression, but soon gave it back. This time I did dial it back, but I was getting suckout on or missing the flop and having to fold. Still was up for the weekend so not the end of the world. I can see I need to tweek the new style of play but it has great promise.

Then we went to the Grand Sierra for dinner. They were booked so we at at the bar and got a expensive bottle of wine for the two of us. The food was ok but the bar setting wasn't right for the meal. So after downing the bottle of wine we headed to the BJ tables. I took my entire weekend winnings and lost it playing 100 plus a hand.

So I headed to the poker room to win it back in a 1/2 NL game. It was working out like I had planned until I hit a brick wall. I was up 100 when I flopped top two pair. So I bet, got raised, and then I went all in. I turned a fullhouse and at show down I am shown a bigger fullhouse. Rebuy, and on the very next hand I flop a straight. I go all in and the same guy calls to show me a bigger straight. WTF! I had to settle down after this and grind it out. Couldn't get much going and left after only getting 100 back.

I did feel a little better when my buddy came over and told me that he lost everything he had won when we were playing togeather and then hit his credit card for another 1k. Ouch. Why do we feel better when someone is hurting more then us? lol.

Anyway, I know what I was doing was a set back but I have a plan in place to make up for it. I am going to grind out the 4/8 tables 2 times during the week and hit the 10/20 all next weekend. 30 hours of live poker plus work and internet poker should be enough to compensate.

No comments: